An introduction to the support and services available at our university.
Our Disability Advice Team offers support, information and guidance on any disability related matters within our University. Support is available to students with a range of disabilities and long-term conditions such as sensory impairment, mental health conditions, mobility impairment, autism, neurodiversity, mental health conditions and long standing health conditions.
Support is tailored on an individual basis in order to ensure access to the most effective support for you. Some examples of support other students have found useful are:
- Exam and assessment adjustments (e.g. extra time, use of a PC, rest breaks, exams in a smaller room, eligibility for extra time for coursework, known at UWE as reasonable adjustments to deadline).
- Adjustments to teaching and learning such as teaching materials in advance via our virtual learning environment (Blackboard), sessions are recorded and published on Blackboard wherever possible.
- Support with reading and research from our library teams
Other support available to you –
- Student Support Advisers
- Information Point
- Wellbeing Service
- UWE Cares
- Accommodation Service
- Global Centre
- Student Money Service
- Crisis and Serious Concerns
- UWE Bristol Students’ Union
How could this affect me?
Getting used to life as a University student can be a challenge for anyone, it is important to know that there is support, information and resources available if you need them. Talking to us about the support available, any questions or concerns you have, and visiting campus, might help you make a decision whether you want to study with us, and ensure you have the best possible university experience if you do.
What to do next?
Contact the Disability Service to find out more about the support available at UWE Bristol
Where possible we would suggest you disclose your autism when you apply and engage with the questionnaire we send you, even if you haven’t decided that you are definitely studying with us. This will give us plenty of time to understand your support needs and for you to get things in place such as DSAs, impact statements and reasonable adjustments.